How to Positively Arm Yourself Against Recession Fatigue
From the desk of Beate, the Photography Business Success Coach and the ASPP West Coast Chapter. We invite you to join us on March 13, 2010 to come to S. Pasadena (Los Angeles) for an amazing event.
Most of you should know by now that I love being a member and I support photography organizations where I can. Photography associations have always been an important networking place for me. I’ve made a lot of valuable connections and one of the reasons that I know so many people is that I go where the centers of influence go. My businesses do well because I participate, give and maximize on these events. I cannot stress the importance of getting out and networking enough!
The ASPP and I have been talking about this event for quite some time and we are thrilled to announce our “shamelessly positive seminar” on March 13.
What’s it all about? It should come as no secret for any of you who follow me regularly. I can’t stand the whiners and complainers. There is already enough doom and gloom in this industry and all around us – we don’t need another one of these events and I most certainly wouldn’t be a part of it. We thought long and hard about this and decided what we could do to do the opposite. We realized that the most inspiring and motivational ideas come often from hearing it straight from someone whom you can relate to. Someone who has been there, fought that, dealt with a deck of lousy cards but pulled through.
We put together a couple of people who know about adversity and managed to come out on the other side smelling like roses. But how did that do that? That would be precisely what we will be sharing with you on March 13. This is not a panel of talking heads but an interactive, real life session with tips, secrets and tricks from real people that understand what is going on in your life. You will gain valuable insides and ideas that you can take home and apply to your own life.
What are you waiting for? Sign up now! You can sign up for the event right here. But you must hurry, the early bird deadline expires soon and the price will go up.
Despite what you might hear there are many success stories in this tough economy. Join our panel of optimists for stories of encouragement, positive thinking and tips for revitalizing your professional outlook. Learn how to positively arm yourself against recession fatigue.
When: Saturday, March 13th, 2010
What: Registration/Coffee – 9:00AM – 9:30AM, Panel – 9:30 – 10:30, Breakout Sessions – 10:30 – 11:30, Q/A and Raffle – 11:30 – Noon.
Where: Burke Triolo Studios, 538 Mission Street, South Pasadena, CA 91030
Prepay by March 10th: ASPP Members: 20.00 – APA/ASMP Members: 25.00 -Students with ID: 10.00 – Non Members: 30.00
At the door: ASPP Members: 25.00 – APA/ASMP Members: 30.00 – Student with ID: 15.00 – Non Members: 35.00
And here is the best part. If you email Ellen and join ASPP between now and this event the ASPP will give you admission to this event as your gift to you!
Here is your registration link again, there is a limited number of participants as we have limitations to due space. Don’t wait, please sign up now.
Just in case you need to contact Ellen: email@example.com
You will learn:
• How to shake of the recession blues and become the best and motivated YOU again.
• What people just like you did to overcome adversity.
• Real, implementable tricks and tips that you can use TODAY to help you to land your dream job.
• How you can do more than survive but thrive.
Our panelists include:
- Teresa Buyikian, founder of Little Bird Communications. As a “reformed cynic’ Buyikian learned first hand about the power of networking and how to use this powerful tool effectively.
- Beate Chelette is the Photography Business Success Coach and author of the “From Flash to Cash System” and “How to Make Money With Stock.” She understands and communicates the power of reinvention and possibility.
- Eric Romer, Marketing Manager at Headblade, Inc.. Romer is an amazing example of using a non‐conformist approach to landing the job you want. His story of effectively using Facebook, the internet, Twitter and a blog site landed him his ideal position.
- Sheridan Stancliff, Producer and Studio Manager at Lew Robertson Productions and stock photographer has dealt with long‐term job searches personally. Find out about balance, diversity and using “extracurricular activities” to tackle the job market – and maintain your positive outlook.